Harris Project Management (HPM)(established 2001) are the sister company to The Harris Partnership Limited and are a specialist firm of project managers, quantity surveyors and CDM consultants providing services and advice under the CDM regulations.
HPM work closely with in-house architects and designers on construction/ refurbishment/ fit out projects maintaining good communication with project design teams to embed effective health & safety risk management from an early design stage through to building use and occupation.
The role will involve:
- Attending pre-construction and construction phase design team meetings
- Producing PD meeting reports and audit reports
- Chairing hazard review workshops with designers
- Principal Designer duties under CDM Regulations including:
- Working with designers to identify and eliminate hazards
- Producing and distributing Pre-Construction Information
- Reviewing Construction Phase Plans
- Producing Health and Safety Files
- Visiting construction sites and carrying out CDM site audits
- Mentoring and supporting others in the team to improve understanding of the CDM regulations
Candidates should be able to demonstrate the following qualities / qualifications:
- Commitment to providing an excellent service on a wide range of construction projects, in particular the food retail sector
- Experience as a Designer (e.g. architectural assistant/ architectural technician)/ Principal Designer) or CDM Adviser
- Ability to read and understand drawings
- Knowledge and experience of the Building Regulations and CDM Regulations
- Full UK driving licence
- Capability of working on their own initiative within HPM quality management system structure and using standard templates
- A smart and professional demeanour
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills
Desirable but not essential
- APS member
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate
- Design related degree or similar
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s to Terry Jones at email@example.com or telephone 01924 291800.
If candidates are invited to attend an interview this may be held remotely on Microsoft Teams.